Friday, February 3, 2017

Michigan Michigan Michigan FREEZE ! Love the State Love the Weather ~ Look forward to Springtime Together !

When our
daughter was
in grade
school, the students
were required to
memorize and
recite
a poem
a week
for class.

These poems
I recorded
with great
pleasure
on a cassette
player
on Friday
mornings.



What a treasure they are
today !



Miss Mary Mack Mack Mack
All dressed in black, black, black
With silver buttons, buttons, buttons
All down her back, back, back.

She asked her mother, mother, mother
For 50 cents, cents, cents
To see the elephants, elephants, elephants
Jump over the fence, fence, fence.

They jumped so high, high, high
They reached the sky, sky, sky
And they didn't come back, back, back
'Til the 4th of July !!

Michigan, Michigan, 
Michigan FREEZE !


I can't remember
if that was one of the weekly
poems or
a jump rope
rhyme she knew ...

 We learn so much
from our children ...



 The names
of this rock I learned from my neighbor Ruth .. Petoskey !



Columnar basalt I
learned from my
son Thomas ..



 Here's a great
video I found
by a fellow out around
Othello, Washington
explaining what Columnar
Basalt is :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwfjmAUM4w

























































 Enjoy my new creations
and find many for sale today
on eBay.





























































































































































No comments:

Kirsten Tannenbaum Earrings by Mom's Fan Box

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Pages