Friday, March 25, 2016

You Cannot Stop Spring From Coming ~ Green Grow the Lilacs ~ Sumac is Sprouting in the Woods ....

The signs of Spring are 
every where ...


Now, you can give to the
charity of your choice
on eBay ... Shopping and
Giving, at the same time, have
never been so easy.


















































































































































Some extra thoughts on Spring from more important people ....

Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'    Robin Williams

Earth teach me to forget myself as melted snow forgets its life. Earth teach me resignation as the leaves which die in the fall. Earth teach me courage as the tree which stands all alone. Earth teach me regeneration as the seed which rises in the spring.    William Alexander

We cannot stop the winter or the summer from coming. We cannot stop the spring or the fall or make them other than they are. They are gifts from the universe that we cannot refuse. But we can choose what we will contribute to life when each arrives.    Gary Zukav 

Spring, when the earth tilts closer to the sun, runs a strict timetable of flowers.    Alice Oswald

For happiness one needs security, but joy can spring like a flower even from the cliffs of despair.    Anne Morrow Lindbergh

From the end spring new beginnings.     Pliny the Elder

I love spring flowers: daffodils and hyacinths are the ultimate flower for me. They are the essence of spring.    Kirsty Gallacher

Spring won't let me stay in this house any longer! I must get out and breathe the air deeply again.    Gustav Mahler

A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring.     Alexander Pope

To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring.     George Santayana

O, wind, if winter comes, can spring be far behind?     Percy Bysshe Shelley

Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems.    Rainer Maria Rilke

Wars spring from unseen and generally insignificant causes, the first outbreak being often but an explosion of anger.    Thucydides

Autumn arrives in early morning, but spring at the close of a winter day.    Elizabeth Bowen

Life stands before me like an eternal spring with new and brilliant clothes.     Carl Friedrich Gauss

People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.    Rogers Hornsby

The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also.    Harriet Ann Jacobs

The very spring and root of honesty and virtue lie in good education.     Plutarch

Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again.    Sarah Ban Breathnach

I am never at my best in the early morning, especially a cold morning in the Yorkshire spring with a piercing March wind sweeping down from the fells, finding its way inside my clothing, nipping at my nose and ears.     James Herriot

Music comes from an icicle as it melts, to live again as spring water.     Henry Williamson

The true harbinger of spring is not crocuses or swallows returning to Capistrano, but the sound of the bat on the ball.     Bill Veeck

Nothing is so beautiful as spring - when weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Thrush's eggs look little low heavens, and thrush through the echoing timber does so rinse and wring the ear, it strikes like lightning to hear him sing.     Gerard Manley Hopkins

It's the fans that need spring training. You gotta get 'em interested. Wake 'em up and let 'em know that their season is coming, the good times are gonna roll.    Harry Caray

Sweet April showers do spring May flowers.     Thomas Tusser

We would load up the yellow Cutlass Supreme station wagon and pick blackberries during blackberry season or spring onions during spring onion season. For us, food was part of the fabric of our day.    Mario Batali

Religion and art spring from the same root and are close kin. Economics and art are strangers.     Nathaniel Hawthorne

I am going to try to pay attention to the spring. I am going to look around at all the flowers, and look up at the hectic trees. I am going to close my eyes and listen.      Anne Lamott

The first acting thing I ever did was my senior year I decided not to play a sport in the Spring and, in that Spring B.J. Novak who went to school with me, asked if I'd be in this show that was a parody of all the teachers in the school, 'sure!' That was the first acting thing I did.     John Krasinski

Though I do not believe that a plant will spring up where no seed has been, I have great faith in a seed... Convince me that you have a seed there, and I am prepared to expect wonders.   Henry David Thoreau

Sweet as sweetest Grecian honey will my song be when I sing, O Beloved, in the season of the Spring!    Ruben Dario

Let peace, descending from her native heaven, bid her olives spring amidst the joyful nations; and plenty, in league with commerce, scatter blessings from her copious hand!    Daniel Boone


Would that I were a dry well, and that the people tossed stones into me, for that would be easier than to be a spring of flowing water that the thirsty pass by, and from which they avoid drinking. Khalil Gibran


One swallow does not make a summer, but one skein of geese, cleaving the murk of March thaw, is the Spring. Aldo Leopold

No matter how chaotic it is, wildflowers will still spring up in the middle of nowhere. Sheryl Crow

All our discontents about what we want appeared to spring from the want of thankfulness for what we have.     Daniel Defoe

Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!         
 Sitting Bull

In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours.   Mark Twain

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.   Margaret Atwood

Isn't it sad to go to your grave without ever wondering why you were born? Who, with such a thought, would not spring from bed, eager to resume discovering the world and rejoicing to be part of it?   Richard Dawkins


Personally, my interests are ancient history and ancient civilizations. In my own life, I'd like to go to places like Easter Island.   Nicolas Cage


A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act.     Mahatma Gandhi



“You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming.”   Pablo Neruda 



             ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~                                                                        Get the earrings you see posted on this blog FIRST

with the click of a button on eBay ~ the Green Way to Shop !

Local to your mailbox !







No comments:

Kirsten Tannenbaum Earrings by Mom's Fan Box

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Pages