Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Take me back to the Garden ~ One Stepping Stone here ... One there ... Trip to Paradise Again

When I was in my teens,
there was an impressionist painting in homage to 
Walk to Paradise Garden on the wall of a home where I babysat. 
It inspired me to do well as a caregiver, as I had always loved children.
And dogs.
 
Toodle Dumpling wants a Hot Dog

She fell into a Tub of Butter ~ What a beautiful girl !

The Prairie Woman
has nothing on this
Hound Lovin' Family !
 
 
It was twenty years more before I saw the original at the
Amon Carter Museum in Ft. Worth Texas as a mother of 2, soon 3
heading to the great Pacific Northwest. 

Walk to Paradise Garden
by
W. Eugene Smith 1946
 
I think the story goes that it was a picture he took of his own children. 
He had been born in Kansas in 1918 and found his work through the lens eye as a photojournalist  many time depicting much more difficult subjects.
 
 
Life has been good, with twist and turns on the path in the garden ....

 
Always keeping on the bright side ...



Keeping memories of inspirations times ...

White butterfly weed ?


 Imagining flower fairies ...

 
Respecting good works ...

  creating my own ...
 
Finding joy in simple things ..

 
Finding fuel ....

 
And serendipity  ...

 
Keeping youthful ...

 
And faithful ...

 
Courageous ....

 
Remembering my first rock in the rock in Nebraska ...

 
and staying green ...

 
planning ahead for the butterflies and hummingbirds and bees ...
 
 
Keeping it simple ... letting it go naturally crazy ...

 

 
For the love of Pink ...


and the armadillo babies I've not yet seen ...






 Butterflies on the wind ...


 
Pearls in shells ...





 
Beads on wires ...

 
Pearls on strings ...

 
Butterfly blossoms in the green ...

 
And old Czech beads ...



Roses serene ...
 
We live here in Indian Territory  ...

 
Where the wind blows across the plains ...
 
 
 
Under a Rainbow Sunset ...
 
Walk to Paradise Garden in your Mind ~ One Step at a Time ...
 
 

No comments:

Kirsten Tannenbaum Earrings by Mom's Fan Box

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Pages