Saturday, May 19, 2012

MayFest Tulsa 2012 Blue Dome Festival Weekend Wonderful Wind Sun and Fun !

This morning my husband and I enjoyed a lovely stroll through the just opening stalls of the Blue Dome Festival ~
Some early birds were out, people after my heart ~ the day promised to be warm, and why sleep whe you can be awake ? 
I found some fabulous local pottery ~ My favorite from today was found just outside
the Dilly Deli ~ Artist Yusuf Etudaiye previously of Nigeria, now a true Oklahoman and proud grandfather.  I could tell that he loves life, family, and children in his work.  The symbolism of the earth and sky were ever present.  I found huge deep mugs created with a never ending swirl ~ a spiral curl of life's path and birds aflight.  Some for coffee and some for tea.  With thumbholds ! They are so beautiful !  I felt lucky to have met the man who created them.  Such a kind a peaceful man, and I hope to return again someday to find something more. 
His work can be found here:  www.etudaiye.com 
He lives in McAlester and went to college in Tonkawa.   My cousin worked at his alma mater. 
We enjoyed our Green Eggs and Ham at the Dilly Deli  with proscuito avocado and spinach served with excellent hash browns! 
Mr. Etudaiye had my items ready for the stroll all packaged and ready to go!   I gave him our plate sized cinnamon roll with cream cheese frosting.   Too much good food! 
Thank you for your fine creations, sir !
My heart goes to all potters at festivals.  The wind is a blessing when it is hot, but a curse for artisans with display security.  Oklahomans know the wind flows swiftly across the plains!
From Tucson, I found another porcelain creator, at Mayfest.  Duly Mitchell, was an effusively enthusastic and contagious artist ~ educating and encouraging, from whom I enjoyed finding some lovely crystalline vases.  They are so natural, yet chemically grown!  To think of a chemical reaction as an evolution in a glaze is so exciting!  Copper or Zinc ~ what did he say he did it with ~ ? Mine are lovely combinations of browns and greens.
Mitchell Duly http://dulyaz.com/ 
can be found tomorrow at Mayfest, just as our own Oklahoman Mr. Etudaiye will be there on Sunday at The Blue Dome Festival in the Blue Dome District .  
I didn't see my friend Zedel International out yet in the Blue Dome District ~ but she is always there ~ with the beautiful stones ~ my favorite is the Zebra Jasper ! Find her online here:  http://zedel.com/
Alas, there was yet more to see, but I promised my husband we'd be home by noon, and I'd already found many treasures!  Oh, we also found some lovely skewers for shish kabob made by an iron working artisan named Corky !   http://www.corkystorer.com/photos.htm 
His architectural items remind me of our own town's Wieman Ironworks http://www.wmcraft.com/ 
Well, it's time to get back to the beads ... 
How about these tiny cuties?   They look huge here ~ but they are only about 1/3 inch on the pearl ~ natural freshwater simple and sweet.
I call them Chocolate Pudding Drops ~ 
If you like them, they are found with my own handcrafted earrings on eBay ~ the easy green way to shop ~ where you can find all the earrings below for sale ~ shipping is free ~ all over the globe ...
 Most all of these are from my new
WOODSONG
Collection



I'm having a

SALE ! 













See the new
WOODSONG
Collection






See the new
WOODSONG
Collection











 See the new
WOODSONG
Collection



SOLD !
More Available!  Visit Me On eBay  ! 
Shop Securely from the Comfort of Home or Office:
Earrings and Handmade Gifts by Mail right to your doorstep!
Plan ahead for all your holiday birthday and small gift needs !
Earrings all come on .925 Sterling Silver French Hooks,
unless your request clip ons, leverbacks, or gold hooks ~

It is a perfect Saturday in Tulsa in every way. 
Mayfest and BlueDome Beautiful ~ GO ~ Support Fresh and LOCAL  ! 



No comments:

Kirsten Tannenbaum Earrings by Mom's Fan Box

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Pages